Valhalla BaseCamp is a two-day, exclusive investment bootcamp + pitch night for entrepreneurs.
Valhalla BaseCamp has been delivered to over 1000 entrepreneurs worldwide in more than 15 countries across North America, Asia, Latin America, and the Caribbean.
An experienced investor/entrepreneur from the Valhalla Private Capital team will walk entrepreneurs through the ins + outs of raising capital while providing insight from the investor perspective about how to effectively pitch business opportunities. Valhalla BaseCamp is for entrepreneurs’ building + growing their business and actively seeking capital or think they may soon.
Next Valhalla BaseCamp in Vancouver April 15-17, 2019 Register Here (Check Out the Early Bird Pricing).
Over the 3 days of BaseCamp, entrepreneurs will:
- Identify what kind of entrepreneur they are including vision and future goals
- Breakdown their business including current business model, customers, market, traction, what stage of business development they are in and how to validate these components of their business
- Review current available financing options (public v. private), discuss current investments in their business, the funding model, and identify which stage of financing they are in relative to their stage of business development
- Learn what 6 components investors are looking for when investing into a company and what they need to pique interest
- Knowing what problem is being solved and how it is being solved through product/service - is their product/market fit?
- Breaking down customer profile, market opportunity, and sales/distribution to reach customers including current secured customers as well as the future opportunity and how to achieve it
- Competitive analysis showing how the business differentiates to other organizations solving the same problem - what are current alternatives? how are customers solving their problem now?
- With that, how is the business protected? Intellectual property? What are the barriers to entry?
- Breakdown the team, how and why they can execute, and any areas needed to be filled to ensure the future success of the company; this includes Board of Director and Board of Advisors
- Requesting capital - how to value your company and building a deal structure that is mutually beneficial for the entrepreneur(s) and the investor(s)
- Throughout BaseCamp, companies will work on building out a pitch deck and practice pitching their business and how to ask for capital
- Furthermore, a deeper dive into financing concepts such as valuation, capital tables, dilution (exit waterfall), distribution of returns, private capital hierarchy
- Finally, understanding the perspective of the angel investor including motivations, expected returns, due diligence performed by investors, including putting the company in the shoes of investors
- Talk directly with real angel investors about what they look for in an investment, and how each investor is different
- Form connections with influencers and active investors in the community
- Create an Investor Deck and present to angel investors and community influencer's at pitch day
Entrepreneurs will also get the opportunity to:
Valhalla’s BaseCamp is a must for Founders. I was able to walk in the shoes of investors to see how they think and view deals. This should be required for all startups to attend before embarking on other accelerator or incubator programs like those offered by Accelerate Okanagan, which I am also taking. BaseCamp gave us a strong foundation to build off and made it easier for our mentors to teach us.- Daniel Rondeau, CEO and Co-Founder, Freelancing Inc - Canada
Basecamp was amazing. It was absolutely, definitely, without any doubt worth the investment of time and money to attend. if you do not take this class, you are hindering yourself and your chances for success. Do not hesitate for one moment. Attend base camp now.Todd McLeod, Greater Commons - California
BaseCamp is a rare opportunity to truly understand the investor mindset and learn critical skills to shorten the path to success. An absolute must attend for any tech company founder and senior team member.- Roger Noujeim, CEO, Quini
In the BaseCamp we had first-time founders and serial entrepreneurs, all here to learn what it takes to see the world from an investor's point of view; to properly position ourselves for multiple rounds of capital raises and what potential exist could look like and thus plan appropriately now for those options.
I strongly recommend Valhalla BaseCamp to all startup and repeat founders.
I believe that Basecamp is a very important part of the startup ecosystem that until now, I felt may have been missing. For me it was the bridge of knowing what I am pitching to knowing who I am pitching to. I feel as though I now have a much better understanding of what exactly Angels are looking for and why! Basecamp is a crucial step in the learning process for startups who are considering or planning to pitch their business to investors!- James Daigle Founder, Ubiqweus Inc.